Furadonin during pregnancy
Experimental animal studies have revealed a risk to the fetus. The clinical experience with Furadonin during pregnancy has not been studied..
Gynecologists sometimes use Furadonin in the treatment of urinary tract infections in women after 12 weeks of pregnancy. nitrofurantoin no prescription In this case, it is necessary to compare the possible risk to the fetus and the therapeutic effect of the use of Furadonin.
Nitrofurantoin® or Furamag®, what to choose?
Encapsulated Furamag surpasses nitrofurantoin® in the spectrum of antimicrobial action, therefore, the list of indications for its use includes more diseases.
In particular, it is active against some protozoa, which makes it possible to treat gynecological infections..
This should be taken into account when choosing a medicine, and in general, nitrofurantoin® is more suitable for treating infections of MVP, moreover, it is much cheaper.
After taking nitrofurantoin, a patient may experience:
- diarrhea, hepatitis, cholestatic syndrome, pancreatitis, pseudomembranous enterocolitis;
- vomiting, nausea, dizziness, headaches;
- asthenia, arthralgia, nystagmus, myalgia, anaphylactic shock;
- eosinophilia, lupus-like syndrome, skin rash, chills;
- cough, fever, drowsiness, bronchial obstructive syndrome, pain in the chest, interstitial changes in the lungs;
- abdominal pain, peripheral neuropathy.
With prolonged use of the drug, the risk of developing a malignant tumor in the kidneys increases.
Release form Nitrofurantoin ®
The drug is produced by domestic and foreign pharmaceutical companies in tablet form. http://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682291.html Small yellow tablets containing 0.05, 0.1 or 0.03 g of active ingredient are packed in blisters, and then in cardboard boxes of 10, 20 or more pieces. Dosage of tablets for adults - 50 and 100 mg, for children - 30 mg.